July 26, 2011

iron will

I have always had a love for wrought iron, something about the ornate patterns made from simple twists and turns of hard metal, and the detailed shadows they cast and how they creep across the building on sunny days.

Im pretty sure I would still have a love for it, even if it didn’t run in my blood. My Great grandfather and my namesake was an iron worker in Italy and after immigrating to New England opened up shop there. You can still see some of his gates/fences around the Providence area.

Here are some of my favorites that always provide me with inspiration


From etsy


from etsy


Flower detail on a porch in Savannah GA, cast a good shadow


Street lamp with similar detail also in Savannah GA


A table and chair that sat outside the house we rented just outside of Lucca Italy.


Iron work done by my great grandfather close to 100 years ago in his home town in Tuscan hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment